Title:North Of Beautiful
By:Justina Chen Headley
I can connect to the fact that she always thought herself would be prefect. She had always thought that in other people’s eyes, she is the most beautiful and the most popular. It is a disappointment to her that during ballet class, someone call her ugly, I kind of sense that she felt more depressed than angry because she might have felt that she is not perfect enough. She now goes on a diet and exercise everyday because of these comments that she is getting. I think that Terra shouldn’t be so mindful of what people look at her because beautiful doesn’t come from the way you look; it comes from your heart.
I think that Terra is not always happy with her beautiful look and enviable body. I think that it is not because she is not perfect. It’s just that she is too perfect. I have a feeling of thought that her friends and her boyfriend are staying close to her is because the way Terra is looking. They judge her by the way she looks. A quote say by Terra’s boyfriend, Eric, “Why not fix your face” It clearly shows that Eric is thinking that Terra is not perfect enough for him, apparently, he only likes the way Terra look and not her actually person. What did Terra get in the end anyway? Nothing, for all these years, she has been caring about her face and the way she represents to others. Everyone is staying because of the way she looks, but what if she isn’t perfect? Would her friends still stay? Will everything be the way it is? I have no answer to this, but I think everyone will abandon her because her friends accept her as if she is perfect. And if all of the suddenly, she isn’t anymore, they will probably leave her. This is probably the reason why she wanted to be perfect because too many people are judging others by the way he/she look. I think Terra doesn’t want to be alone and that is why she is trying very hard to become the way they want her to be, which in my opinion is not right.
I think the reaseon why Terra is so concerned with her looks is because she wanted to stand out of the crowd and I think she thinks that appearance is the only thing that she is confident. I also think that Terra is forcing herself to be someone she doesn't want to be, she is trying so hard just to be popular. Is she so ashamed by the normal, her? Like what's wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment